Fall is definitely the best season in the Nashville area. The heat and humidity have finally disappeared and the fall foliage is spectacular. It’s a great time to enjoy some outdoor family fun before winter sends us all inside for a while. So, plan a day out and enjoy some fall family fun in Nashville!
- Cheekwood is a favorite among locals. This botanical garden is bursting with mums and other flowers. It is a perfect spot to take fall photos of the kids. Don’t miss the scarecrow exhibits throughout the garden and a trip to the pumpkin patch is a must.
- Middle Tennessee is full of great pumpkin farms. Get into the spirit of the season with a hayride, a trip through a corn maze or just some fun on the farm. There are tons to choose from!
- There is no better time to visit the Nashville Zoo. The animals are much more active in cooler weather and that means you can stay longer and spend some time at the awesome playground!
- This is a great time for a picnic by the lake. There are so many great places for fun on the lake! Pack your basket and head to Cook Recreation Area
or Rockland Recreation Area. Try a place you have never visited and you might find a new favorite!
- How about a trip to the Country Music Hall of Fame? Nothing is more ‘Nashville’ than country music. You won’t battle the large crowds you might find here in the summer months. Make sure you add the RCA Studio B Tour to your visit.
- Plan a day trip and enjoy some fall color on your drive. Middle Tennessee reaches its fall foliage peak in mid to late October.