If you want to travel further or need an idea for a weekend away check out our road trip suggestions.
- Loretta Lynn’s Ranch and Campground – 75 miles
- EarlyWorks Museum – 116 miles
- Weeden House – 116 miles
- Harmony Safari Park – 130 miles
- Historic Huntsville Depot – 110 miles
- Burritt on the Mountain – 116 miles
- Monte Sano State Park – 115 miles
- Huntsville Museum of Art – 111 miles
- Unclaimed Baggage – 139 miles
- Alabama Constitution Village – 116 miles
- U.S. Space and Rocket Center – 112 miles
I've never written anything controversial on this site but this post may change that. Let me make something clear right up front. If you and your family have been visiting Cummins Falls for years and you love it and take all your friends, I think that's great and...
Harmony Park Safari is off the beaten path about 30 minutes south of downtown Huntsville, AL. It is worth the drive if you are in the area! Owned by a biologist and a physicist the Safari Park is more than just a drive through - the park helps with conservation of a...
Located in Huntsville, Alabama, Monte Sano State Park is a great place for outdoor family fun. The park has been open since 1938. Monte Sano means "Mountain of health" in Spanish and the park was originally a retreat for those suffering from diseases such as...
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area, is known as a 170,000 acre playground. Located between Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley, the northern end of the area is in Kentucky, and the southern end is in Tennessee. There is so much to do and explore you can easily...
When I first told my husband that I wanted us to drive down to Alabama for Eagle Awareness Weekend, he was...not as excited as I was. He thought this was going to be another one of my dorky trip ideas where I was going to geek out over learning about birds of prey...