If you want to travel further or need an idea for a weekend away check out our road trip suggestions.
- Loretta Lynn’s Ranch and Campground – 75 miles
- EarlyWorks Museum – 116 miles
- Weeden House – 116 miles
- Harmony Safari Park – 130 miles
- Historic Huntsville Depot – 110 miles
- Burritt on the Mountain – 116 miles
- Monte Sano State Park – 115 miles
- Huntsville Museum of Art – 111 miles
- Unclaimed Baggage – 139 miles
- Alabama Constitution Village – 116 miles
- U.S. Space and Rocket Center – 112 miles
In a previous life, before kids and before Nashville, I was a Third Mate in the Merchant Marines and worked on oil tankers. I have tried for years to explain what it was like to my kids but I'm not sure they fully understood. Then, we visited the River Discovery...
You know those amazing adventure spots you see when perusing Pinterest that make your eyes glaze over with envy at the person who was actually standing in that spot, able to snap that pic? What if I told you that there’s a spot like that, less than 2 hours away from...
Drive 90 minutes north on I-65 and explore another continent - get a taste of Australia (at least it's wildlife) at Kentucky Down Under. Plan to spend the day here - there is lots to see and do! Take Exit 58 off I-65 and turn at the Love's gas station on the...
I've never written anything controversial on this site but this post may change that. Let me make something clear right up front. If you and your family have been visiting Cummins Falls for years and you love it and take all your friends, I think that's great and...
Harmony Park Safari is off the beaten path about 30 minutes south of downtown Huntsville, AL. It is worth the drive if you are in the area! Owned by a biologist and a physicist the Safari Park is more than just a drive through - the park helps with conservation of a...