Middle Tennessee is home to a large variety of lakes. Ready to fish, swim, canoe or kayak? Or maybe you are just longing to have a picnic with a view? Either way you are sure to find the perfect place in our area. So grab your sunscreen, cooler and the family and head out for some fun on one of Middle Tennessee’s lakes!
Middle Tennessee Lakes – Swim, Fish, and Enjoy!
J. Percy Priest Lake – Nashville (Map)
14,200 acre lake
- Cook Day Use Area (Map)
- Seven Points (Map) – Campground & Day Use/Picnic Areas
- Anderson Road (Map) Campground & Day Use/Picnic Areas
- Smith Springs (Map) Day Use & Picnic Area
- Poole Knobs (Map) Campground
- Long Hunter State Park (Map)
Old Hickory Lake – Nashville/Hendersonville/Mt Juliet (Map)
22,000 acre lake
- Shutes Branch (Map) Boat ramp, fishing area, mountain biking trail, covered picnic shelter (can be rented) and picnic spots throughout.
- Cedar Creek (Map) Campground & Day Use Area – Boat ramp, fishing areas, covered picnic shelter (can be rented), smaller picnic areas, playground, sandy beach and swimming area
- Old Hickory Beach (Map) Day Use Area – Boat ramp, large covered picnic shelter (can be rented), playground, sandy beach and swimming area, walking trails
- Lone Branch (Map) Day Use Area – Boat ramp, covered picnic shelters (can be rented), smaller picnic spots throughout, lots of places for fishing
- Rockland Recreation Area (Map) Day Use Area – Fishing dock, boat ramps, 5 covered picnic shelters (can be rented), several smaller picnic areas, playground, gazebo, horseshoe pit
- Avondale (Map) Day Use Area – Picnic area, covered picnic shelter (can be rented), bank fishing, boat dock
- Cages Bend (Map) Campground and Day Use Area – Boat ramp, fishing, playground, covered picnic shelter (can be rented)
- Bledsoe Creek State Park (Map)
Marrowbone Lake Joelton (Map)
60 acre lake. Boat ramp. Fishing pier. Restrooms and picnic area available.
Dale Hollow Lake Burkesville, KY / Celina, TN (Map)
27000 acre lake. Boating – fishing (this lake is famous for bass fishing) – kayaking & canoeing – Dale Hollow Lake State Park
Center Hill Lake Smithville (Map)
18,000 acre lake.
Cordell Hull Lake Carthage (Map)
12,000 acre lake known for Fishing and Boating
Cheatham Lake – Dickson County (Map)
7,000 acre lake
Tims Ford Lake – Winchester (Map)
10,000 acre lake
Radnor Lake State Park– Nashville (Map)
Radnor Lake is a great place for a walk in the woods right in the middle of Nashville. Learn more from our visit HERE.
Greenbrier Lake – Greenbrier (Map)
5 thoughts on “Middle Tennessee Lakes”
I recently moved to Crossville (Cumberland Co.) and would like to know the best fishing lakes within an hour’s drive.
Todd lake and todd lake 2 are private property i was kicked out within 30 mins and i was on a kakyak
Thank you for letting us know! We have removed Todd Lake from our list.
I’m curious, who kicked you out? A home owner? I live on Todd Lake 2 you’re welcome to use me as permission given. Shoot me an email for my information.
Hey there are we talking about the same Todd lake located off west Harpeth and Columbia pike?