If your family is like ours, November is a frugal month. We try to save as much money as we can in anticipation of the holiday season. With that in mind, here are some ideas to enjoy some low-cost family fun this month.
- If the weather is nice, how about a family hike? Try the Old Hickory Trail or Radnor Lake.
- Honor our military at a parade or other Veteran’s Day Event
- Take a hay ride, train ride or pony ride at Family Day at The Park at Harlinsdale Farm on November 5.
- Combine some frugal fun with a history lesson. The Tennessee State Capital and the Tennessee State Military Museum are always FREE!
- Visit the Nashville Library. No matter what time of year it is, this library (or your local branch) is the best place for free family fun. Books, DVDs, puppet shows and so much more!
- Kick off the holiday season at the 2nd Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony
The Christmas Place Mt. Juliet on November 19. Giveaways, Santa and character visits, a tree lighting and more!
- Do you Pinterest? If so, check our Thanksgiving board for some fun (cheap!) crafts and activities.
- Welcome Santa to Rivergate Mall with fun activities and a drive in Christmas movie on November 19.
- Looking for a way to give back this month? Check the Hands On Nashville site for volunteer opportunities.
- Commemorate the Anniversary of the Battle of Franklin at the annual illumination on November 29 & 30.
- Don’t forget to check our FREE event list. This one changes almost every day as we find and add more free fun around town.