May is just a month full of anticipation. School is almost out and, if your kids are like mine, they are buzzing with spring fever. Here’s a few ideas for some fun this month as we get started on one awesome summer!
- Mother’s Day is fast approaching. We have lots of ideas for crafty gifts for Mom or Grandma.
- The Tennessee Renaissance Festival is open every weekend in May (including Memorial Day!) This cool event is a May tradition in Middle Tennessee. Every weekend has a different theme so make sure to check their website when planning your trip.
- It’s strawberry time! Get your work clothes on and head out to do some berry pickin’. There are lots of places in Middle Tennessee to pick your own produce. Here’s our list.
- Our favorite festival series, Musician’s Corner, starts back up in May. Music, food, kid’s stuff, dog stuff. And it’s FREE!!!
- There are also lots of other festivals scheduled this month. Our list keeps growing every day!
- Inspired to start your own garden? Check our “Garden Fun” board on Pinterest for some great ideas.
- May is the best time to see the Nashville Sounds. The weather is not too hot to enjoy the season at First Tennessee Park. Check out their promotions page. There are deals almost every game.
- Planning your summer vacation? Check our Travel section for some tips and ideas.
- If some of those April showers persist into May, spend a rainy day at 2 of our newest trampoline parks. Urban air Adventure Park or Altitude Trampoline Park.
- Don’t forget to get signed up for Kid’s Bowl Free for 2019.
- How about a backstage tour of the Grand Ole Opry? Trust me on this. Go now if you are planning a visit because once Memorial Day gets here, the tourists will converge on Music City. Also, this is a great time to wander downtown. Have a meal at Demos’. Have some ice cream at Mike’s. Enjoy our city before the heat (and crowds!) become overwhelming.
Rachel is a Middle Tennessee native, born and raised in the Nashville area and having lived in Hendersonville, Murfreesboro, and Mount Juliet. She is mom to 3, step mom to 4 and Grandma to one (so far!)