If you want to travel further or need an idea for a weekend away check out our road trip suggestions.
- Loretta Lynn’s Ranch and Campground – 75 miles
- EarlyWorks Museum – 116 miles
- Weeden House – 116 miles
- Harmony Safari Park – 130 miles
- Historic Huntsville Depot – 110 miles
- Burritt on the Mountain – 116 miles
- Monte Sano State Park – 115 miles
- Huntsville Museum of Art – 111 miles
- Unclaimed Baggage – 139 miles
- Alabama Constitution Village – 116 miles
- U.S. Space and Rocket Center – 112 miles
If you go to Beech Bend Park and Splash Lagoon expecting a Disney-like experience, you are going to be disappointed. Beech Bend is not Disney. Heck, it's not even Six Flags. But it is cheaper and closer than all those places and we always have tons...
Drive 90 minutes north on I-65 and explore another continent - get a taste of Australia (at least it's wildlife) at Kentucky Down Under. Plan to spend the day here - there is lots to see and do! Take Exit 58 off I-65 and turn at the Love's gas station on the...
Many years ago I saw a segment on the Today show about a store in Alabama that sold items from lost luggage. After the airlines do all they can do to identify a lost suitcase the entire bag is sold to Unclaimed Baggage. Here is the segment that piqued my interest:...
Just 2 hours south of Nashville is one of only 3 places in the U.S. where your family can see rockets, explore the history of NASA and see what is being planned by the U.S. going into the future of space exploration. Take a day trip and check out the US Space and...
On our recent trip to Pigeon Forge we were absolutely amazed by all of the unique buildings that line both sides of the Parkway. However, none caught our attention quite like the massive castle at the Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center! My kids knew immediately...