If you want to travel further or need an idea for a weekend away check out our road trip suggestions.
- Loretta Lynn’s Ranch and Campground – 75 miles
- EarlyWorks Museum – 116 miles
- Weeden House – 116 miles
- Harmony Safari Park – 130 miles
- Historic Huntsville Depot – 110 miles
- Burritt on the Mountain – 116 miles
- Monte Sano State Park – 115 miles
- Huntsville Museum of Art – 111 miles
- Unclaimed Baggage – 139 miles
- Alabama Constitution Village – 116 miles
- U.S. Space and Rocket Center – 112 miles
Located in Huntsville, Alabama, Monte Sano State Park is a great place for outdoor family fun. The park has been open since 1938. Monte Sano means "Mountain of health" in Spanish and the park was originally a retreat for those suffering from diseases such as...
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area, is known as a 170,000 acre playground. Located between Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley, the northern end of the area is in Kentucky, and the southern end is in Tennessee. There is so much to do and explore you can easily...
When I first told my husband that I wanted us to drive down to Alabama for Eagle Awareness Weekend, he was...not as excited as I was. He thought this was going to be another one of my dorky trip ideas where I was going to geek out over learning about birds of prey...
COVID NOTE: The Aquarium will re-open to the public beginning June 18th. Timed entry tickets must be purchased ahead of your visit on the Tennessee Aquarium's website (find the link below under Family Fun Facts). Some attractions, such as the Butterfly Garden and IMAX...
I'm gonna change your mind about the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, KY. I'm betting that many of you think this is a quaint, 'old timey' place that your grandmother or great aunts would enjoy. This was also my opinion before I visited. I had the opportunity to tour...