For most of us, the passion and excitement surrounding Valentine’s Day has been replaced (temporarily!) with the busyness and dread of covering a shoebox with construction paper and taping 23 lollipops to Teenage Mutant Ninja cards. So yeah…Valentine’s Day may not hold the promise of a romantic weekend away. (If you’re like me, you’d waste the trip sleeping anyway!) But there’s still plenty of opportunities to share some love and fun this Valentine’s Day. Most of these events are family friendly. A few are adults only in case some of you reserved a baby sitter :)
If all else fails…light some candles, turn down the lights and set the table with your best china (or paper plates – whatever). Share a pizza or some grilled cheese sandwiches with the family. If your kids are old enough, put them in charge of planning and serving a romantic meal for mom and dad.
Family Friendly CelebrationsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- Learn to make crepes on Saturday, Feb. 11, at Williams Sonoma. (Register in advance)
- Attend a Valentine’s themed storytime at Barnes & Noble in Murfreesboro, Cool Springs or Hendersonville on Feb. 11 at 11 AM.
- Celebrate February 14th with table service at White Castle. The restaurant chain is now accepting reservations for its 26th annual Valentine’s Day dinner Tuesday, February 14, from 4 – 9 p.m. The special experience, complete with hostess seating, tableside service and a fun cuisine of Sliders, Veggie Sliders, Chicken Rings, Gooey Butter Cake on a stick and other noteworthy menu items, is a yearly tradition for many couples, friends and families.Call and make reservations HERE.
- Make reservations for a special meal with your BAE (bacon and eggs) at Waffle House. The dream of every Valentine’s couple is for a little candlelight, soft music, white tablecloths, and a chic atmosphere. So, for the tenth year in a row, over 160 Waffle House restaurants will deliver on that Valentine’s Day wish.
- Take your family to McAlister’s Deli for a family date night. Kids 12 and Under eat free on Feb. 14th!
- Treat your date to Surf & Turf at Krystal! Share eight classic Krystals, a dozen golden-fried shrimp, a Chili-Cheese or Junkyard fry and either two cherry ICEE® beverages or two chocolate chip cookies, all for $9.99 at participating Krystal burger restaurants.
Warner Park Nature Center (Map)
Love is in the air! Bring your Valentine for an evening of bird-friendly coffee, pastries & chocolate, and live jazz while learning about the fascinating courtship rituals of woodcocks, owls and coyotes. Register in advance HERE ($10/person)
Saturday February 11 6PM – 9:30PM
Drop off program for children age 3 – 13 years. (Child must be potty trained)
$18.95 for first child $15.95 for additional siblings. Add pizza, drinks and dessert for $5 extra per child.
Reservations are required. Call (615) 893-8386.
Tuesday February 14
3 course dinner and entertainment by the Perry Danos Band
Tickets are $63 -$66 for children age 6-11 & $92 – $99 for adults age 12 & up
Tickets may be purchased using this link.
Wanna tie the knot?
Sunday February 14 7AM – Noon and 5PM – Midnight
More Fun Ideas
- Throw a Disney themed celebration with these great free printables, including decorations, cards, and crafts.
- Visit Build-A-Bear and treat your child to a new friend. Check out their Valentine’s Day gift guide!
- Learn more about your ancestry with the gift of a 23andMe DNA kit. Order before Valentine’s Day and save $20!
- Find something fun at Claire’s and get a great deal with their buy 1 choose 1 free sale.
- Send a Hallmark eCard to someone special.
- Order a customized Tervis Tumbler. These come in several different sizes and are great for kids!
(Disclosure: Some of the links in the article are affiliate links. Your purchase will help us continue to bring fun ideas to you and your family.)