Looking for a fun way to ring in the New Year with your kids? There are several options that are sure to include everyone in the festivities. These events are scheduled on December 31, 2019 unless otherwise noted.
Count Down to Noon
If you have little ones that can’t make it to midnight then try taking them to a “Count Down to Noon”. It’s all the fun of a midnight ball drop but the big celebration happens at noon for those that can’t stay up late.
- Discovery Center in Murfreesboro invites you to ring in 2020 on December 31st with a pajama party and fun activities including: karaoke, Wii dance party, a resolution wall, special art and tinkering projects. The party starts at 10 AM and continues to 2 PM. Officially kick off 2020 with the iconic balloon drop at noon! Free for members. Regular admission ($8) charge for non members.
- Adventure Science Center is open from 10 AM to 5 PM on December 31st. Happy NOON Year events are from 9 AM – 2 PM. FREE for members and regular admission for non-members (all activities included with admission). Celebrate the New Year without staying up until midnight! It’s a fun way for families with younger children to celebrate together.
Bounce in the New Year – 2020
- Happy Noon Years Party at Pump It Up Mt Juliet – (Verifying for December 31, 2019) Celebrate Noon Year’s Eve on Monday December 31 11:20AM – 1:20PM & 1:45PM – 3:45PM with games, glow experiences a balloon drop and more. Reserve your spot in advance. Call 615-758-5126. Admission is $10 in advance.
- New Year’s Eve Balloon Drop – Bounce U Murfreesboro – Several New Year’s open jumps times. December 30 – 10 AM for kids 7 and under & 1PM for all ages. December 31 – 10 AM for kids 7 and under & 1 PM for all ages. Reserve your spot online or call (615) 893-8386. This event did sell out last year, so be sure to get tickets in advance.
Bowl Your Way into 2020
- Hermitage Strike & Spare – (December 31, 2019 information coming soon) Bowl in 2019 with 3 options. From 2PM – 4PM $10/person includes 2 hours of bowling, shoe rental, unlimited soft drinks and party favors. From 5pm-8:30pm $12/person includes unlimited bowling & shoes and unlimited soft drinks. From 9PM – 1AM, $120 per lane. Includes unlimited bowling, shoe rental, soft drinks and party favors. Call 615-883-8900 for reservations.
- Kings Dining & Entertainment in Franklin offers several options for their NYE celebration. Find a complete list with prices and book online at this link.
- Tusculum Strike & Spare – Join in a family bowling party from 7 to 9 PM. $80/lane gets you: 2 hours of bowling and shoe rental for up to 6 people, 1 large cheese or pepperoni pizza with 1 pitcher of soda. Rent a lane for $115 from 10 PM – 1 AM. Includes bowling and shoe rental for up to 6 people, 1 large cheese or pepperoni pizza with 1 pitcher of soda and party favors. Call 615-833-2881 for reservations ($25 deposit required).
- Hendersonville Strike & Spare – Join in a family cosmic bowling party from 7 to 9 PM. $85/lane gets you: 2 hours of bowling and shoe rental for up to 6 people, 1 large pizza, 2 drink pitchers and party favors. VIP package available for $105. Late night options are also available if you are planning an event for adults. Basic package includes 1 lane for up to 6 people from 11 PM – 2 AM for $100. VIP package includes 1 lane for up to 6 people from 11 PM – 2 AM for $130. Call 615-824-5685 for reservations ($25 deposit required) or book online.
- Smyrna Bowling Center – (2019 Details coming soon) Rent a lane for your family to ring in the new year! $85 from 7PM – 10:30PM and $110 from 10:30PM – 2AM. Call (615)355-0501 to reserve your lane.
- Stars and Strikes in Smyrna has a special deal for for NYE. Package includes unlimited bowling for up to 8 people on one reserved lane, buffet with pizza, buffalo wings and queso dip, shoe rental, one extreme attraction and a $5 game card for $229. Choose from 6 – 9 PM or 10 PM – 1 AM and book online at this link.
- Holder Family Fun Center (2019 Details coming soon) has several options for New Year’s Eve. Reserve 1 lane for up to 6 people from 5-7PM for $85. Includes 1 large pizza, 1 pitcher of soda, party favors and shoe rental. Reserve one lane for up to 6 people from 10PM – 1AM. Includes party favors and shoe rental for $90. Another option is the South VIP Bash. It includes 1 lane for 6 people from 10PM- 1AM in the VIP Lounge. This package includes 1 large pizza, 1 pitcher of soda, party favors, shoes, a big screen ball drop and a bartender on duty for $150. Call 615-590-4386
- Lanes Trains & Automobiles in Murfreesboro is offering 3 New Year’s Eve Specials. From 6 PM – 9 PM get 3 hours of bowling with shoe rental (for up to 6 people) for $70. Add 1 round of bumper cars and 1 round of Murf Wars for $100 total. Add a pizza buffet, soft drinks and party favors for $150 total. Come bowl from 10 PM to 1 AM and get 3 hours of bowling with shoe rental (for up to 6 people) for $125. Add a Pizza buffet, sodas, and continental breakfast for $200 total. Call 615-890-3999 for more information or to make reservations. You can also register online here.
- Franklin Family Entertainment Center offers 3 specials for New Year’s Eve. From 4:30 to 6:30, 7-10 PM or 10:30 PM – 2 AM. Click here for details. Reservations and deposit required. Call 615-790-2695.
- Donelson Bowl – Reserve a land for up to 6 people from 10PM – 1AM for $91.50 plus tax. Reservations and payments must be made in advance. Call 615-883-3313
Skate in 2020
- Brentwood Skate Center – Noon Year’s Eve Skate 11:30 AM – 5 PM. Balloon drop @4:45 PM. Admission is $10. New Year’s Eve Skate 7 PM – 2 AM Balloon drop at Midnight. Admission is $20
- Smyrna Skate Center – (2019 Details Coming Soon) Noon Years Eve Party 12PM – 4PM. Countdown and Balloon drop at 4PM. New Year’s Eve All Night Skate 6PM – 2AM Admission $25. Tickets will be available after Christmas and must be purchased in advance. Call 615-459-7655.
- Rivergate Skate Center – New Years Eve Party 7 PM – 3 AM Call 615-868-7655 for ticket information.
Other Family Friendly EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
Have older kids that want to get in on the festivities to ring in 2020? Downtown Nashville is THE place to be on New Year’s Eve. (Sure, I’ll be home in my PJ’s watching it on TV. But if you love the excitement of a big crowd, make your plans now to be downtown for this event.)
Presented by the Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau with the help of Jack Daniel’s and a host of other sponsors:
Get ready for an incredible New Year’s Eve celebration with thousands of your closest friends! Keith Urban, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, The Struts, Amanda Shires, Bren Joy, Kalie Shorr, the Fisk Jubilee Singers, and DJ Dave Audé will rock this year’s Jack Daniel’s Music City Midnight: New Year’s Eve in Nashville celebration, as we count down to the midnight Music Note Drop and fireworks to ring in the New Year at Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park.
Festivities start at 4 PM with food and beverage vendors and sponsor booths. Music will start at 5:45 PM. The “Music Note Drop®” will descend 145 feet to trigger a fireworks display and major confetti cannons at the stroke of midnight! Go here for more details including transportation and parking information.
Do you know more family New Year’s Eve fun? Leave us a comment and we will update our list to include your event. 🙂
Lauren is a transplant from Texas and has become a local tourist exploring the area with her two children. She loves to discover new places in Nashville to share with others.