Calling all water lovers! Whether a seasoned captain or a nautical novice, there’s something for everyone at the 33rd annual 2019 Progressive Insurance Nashville Boat Show with 300 boats set to dock downtown at the Music City Center, Jan. 10-13.
Tennessee’s biggest boating event will have hundreds of boats to board and buy at the best prices of the year! Find everything from fishing boats and pontoons to water sport boats and marine and outdoor accessories galore. In addition to boats, the four-day event also offers interactive education and entertainment perfect for families, boaters and anyone looking to learn more about life on the water.
Here are some of our adventures from past years.
While I didn't see scuba diving on the list of activities, we are really looking forward to seeing Twiggy the Famous Water-skiing Squirrel. Check out the top 10 reasons to attend:
- NEW! One Day Only Deals! Don’t miss Super Thursday, on opening day, Jan. 10, with special offers including $5 admission after 5 p.m. (online offer only), $5 draft beer, $4 hot dogs and exclusive deals on boats, boating accessories and more. Rising country star Walker Hayes will also make a special appearance from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- NEW! Twiggy the Famous Waterskiing Squirrel: Meet the world’s most beloved watersports-loving animal, famously featured in Brad Paisley’s “River Bank” music video. She will entertain guests throughout the weekend as she skis behind a radio-controlled boat in a custom heated pool.
- NEW! Kid’s Boating 101–Take On-Water Education On Land: Get kids (ages 6-13) America’s premier boating education with the Spirit of America’s Youth Education Program! Activities will help kids learn the fun and safety of boating in an interactive setting.
- NEW! Kids’ Discover-A-Boat: Little skippers are invited to discover recreational boats of all kinds, returning their completed discover-a-boat cards for a prize (while quantities last). FREE for ages 5-12.
- NEW! Kids’ Create-A-Crankbait: Crafty young anglers can color a plastic crankbait and add stick-on lures for a custom, take-home souvenir (while supplies last). FREE for ages 5-12.
- Wing-A-Thon Wing Eating Contest: Cheer on contestants as they take on Nashville hot chicken in a wing-eating contest. Taking place at 6 p.m. Friday evening, the winning contestant will take home an Orca Cooler.
- Boating Skills Virtual Trainer Simulator: Take the helm of the America’s Boating Club Boating Skills Virtual Trainer––equipped with a with a steering wheel and real Mercury throttle––and set out on a simulated “boat trip” to practice boating skills such as docking, pivot turns, stopping and more.
- Casting Tips & Techniques: Stop by Joey Monteleone's booth and learn about fly fishing, bait casting and casting accuracy. His hands-on instruction offers tips and techniques for everyone from beginners to advanced fishermen.
- FishLipz Party Cove: Take a break and meet up with your friends for drinks and tasty treats at the show's honky tonk. Listen to live music from 5 to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
- Free Boating Safety Course: The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) will be offering a free boating safety course on Friday from 5:30 to 9 p.m. and Saturday from 8 to 11:30 a.m. To participate, you MUST purchase a Type 600 Boat Safety Exam Permit and bring it to class (available anywhere hunting and fishing licenses are sold).
You can see all the activities, classes and demonstrations HERE. So, even if you are not in the market for a boat, the Nashville Boat and Sportshow is a great way to spend a day!
Enter to Win Tickets
Enter to win 2 tickets to attend the show any day, January 10 – 13, 2019. Remember, kids 12 years and younger are FREE! Winners will be drawn on Tuesday, January 8th and contacted via email. If you use Facebook to log into Rafflecopter (the form below), be sure to check the email address you have attached to Facebook.
Things to know if you go…..
When: Thursday, Jan. 10, 2 PM – 9 PM, Friday, Jan. 11, 12 PM – 9 PM, Saturday, Jan. 12, 10 AM – 9 PM, Sunday, Jan. 13, 11 AM– 5 PM
Tickets: Adults (ages 13 and older) – $12, Children – FREE (12 years and under)
$2 off with advanced online purchase until midnight, Jan. 9 or use our promo code BOATGO for Buy One Get One Free tickets! (Offer is good through the end of the day on January 10, 2019). Purchase tickets HERE.