March is the ‘unplannable’ month. You could wear shorts and flip flops on Monday and snow boots on Friday. It’s the month where we start dreaming of Spring no matter how wild our winter has been.
After living through many decades of Tennessee weather, I’ve just learned to roll with it. Make you plans (pack your umbrella!) and hope for the best.
- Check our Pinterest Boards for Spring activities. Rain or shine!
- Do you get a Spring Break this month? Check out our Road Trip section for ideas close to home and farther away.
- How about a staycation? We have lots of ideas!
- Celebrate St Patrick’s Day (March 17) at an Irish Pub. (Go early – before adults start celebrating!) Try McNamara’s or Kavanagh’s for a family friendly Irish celebration. We also found some great ideas on Pinterest.
- The Stardust Drive In opens for the season in Mid to late March. If the weather warms up (who knows?) there’s no better way to spend a Friday night!
- Take a spring hike at any Tennessee State Park. Pick one you have never visited before and make a new favorite!
- Welcome Spring at Cheekwood on Saturday March 6. Don’t miss the opportunity to see over 100,000 tulips in bloom as the gardens at Cheekwood open for the season.