March is the ‘unplannable’ month. You could wear shorts and flip flops on Monday and snow boots on Friday. By the time April rolls around, Nashville will be buzzing with activity. Festivals, concerts and other fun events will crowd our calendars. But March is quieter. It’s the month where we start dreaming of Spring no matter how mild our winter has been.
After living through many decades of Tennessee weather, I’ve just learned to roll with it. Make you plans (pack your umbrella!) and hope for the best.
- Check our Pinterest Boards for Spring activities. Rain or shine!
- Do you get a Spring Break this month? Check out our Road Trip section for ideas close to home and farther away.
- How about a staycation? We have lots of ideas!
- Want even more options for Spring Break fun? Take a look at this list.
- Celebrate St Patrick’s Day (March 17) at an Irish Pub. (Go early – before adults start celebrating!) Try McNamara’s or Kavanagh’s for a family friendly Irish celebration. We also found some great ideas on Pinterest.
- Attend a festival this month as we cross our fingers and hope for Spring!
- The Stardust Drive In opens for the season on March 6. If the weather stays warm (who knows?) there’s no better way to spend a Friday night!
- Visit Riverbend Nurseries and let the kids learn about preparing a spring garden on March 21.
- Take a spring hike at any Tennessee State Park. Pick one you have never visited before and make a new favorite!
- See The Teddy Bear’s Picnic with the little ones at Nashville Children’s Theatre all month long.
- Welcome Spring at Cheekwood on Saturday March 7. Don’t miss the opportunity to see over 100,000 tulips in bloom as the gardens at Cheekwood open for the season.