I love the end of the school year even more than my kids. No more lunches to pack. No more folders to check and sign. And my favorite…no more homework! There are lots of opportunities and activities scheduled in and around Nashville this month. We know that every moment of summer vacation can’t be filled with nonstop fun. But you can plan some great family adventures this summer. Spend some time and make a family appointment for FUN! Here are a few ideas.
- The CMA Music Festival is June 6-9. (I still call it “Fan Fair”!) If you are attending, I hope you have an awesome time. BUT if you are skipping the festival…STAY AWAY FROM DOWNTOWN NASHVILLE (if you have a choice.) Here’s the hard truth. I65, I40 and I 24 will just be a mess for the entire week. This is a wonderful event that brings massive amounts of tourists to our great city every year. Unfortunately they all mostly bring their cars and that creates a traffic nightmare. Make plans in a suburb this week and thank me later.
- If you plan to escape the city while the tourists play in Nashville, how about a trip to Bowling Green, KY? We love spending a summer day (or 2!) at Beech Bend Park.
- We have lots of other day trips listed here.
- Father’s Day is Sunday June 16. We found some great ideas for dad. Check them out on our Pinterest Board.
- Nothing says summer like a day on the lake.Swim, fish, kayak or picnic at one of our fantastic area lakes.
- Just wanna lounge around at the pool? Find a great place on our massive list.
- Take a trip to Bell Buckle for the annual RC and Moon Pie Festival on June 15.
- See a free concert every Thursday night in June at The Streets of Indian Lake. And there’s a lot more concerts scheduled all month long. Find the complete list at this link.
- Beat the heat with a day at The Country Music Hall of Fame. Yes, there will be a lot of people here in June but there are so many great family programs offered at ‘the hall’ it’s worth the effort to battle the crowd.
- Make plans to see a cheap movie at Regal Summer Movie Express. And there are plenty of opportunities for Summer Movies this month. Check out our comprehensive list.
Rachel is a Middle Tennessee native, born and raised in the Nashville area and having lived in Hendersonville, Murfreesboro, and Mount Juliet. She is mom to 3, step mom to 4 and Grandma to one (so far!)