I love the end of the school year even more than my kids. No more lunches to pack. No more folders to check and sign. And my favorite…no more homework! There are lots of opportunities and activities scheduled in and around Nashville this month. We know that every moment of summer vacation can’t be filled with nonstop fun. But you can plan some great family adventures this summer. Spend some time and make a family appointment for FUN! Here are a few ideas.
- Play outside at the Kid’s Construction Fun Festival at Lucky Ladd Farms on June 4.
- The CMA Music Festival is June 9-12. Be a hometown tourist and meet the stars!
- How about a trip to Bowling Green, KY? We love spending a summer day (or 2!) at Beech Bend Park.
- We have lots of other day trips listed here.
- Father’s Day is Sunday June 19. We found some great ideas for dad. Check them out on our Pinterest Board.
- Nothing says summer like a day on the lake. Swim, fish, kayak or picnic at one of our fantastic area lakes.
- Spend a “Thursday Night Out” enjoying Cheekwood Estate and Gardens. Food, lawn games, garden strolls and more.
- Take a trip to Bell Buckle for the annual RC and Moon Pie Festival on June 18.
- See a free concert in Goodlettsville on June 4 & 16. And there’s a lot more concerts scheduled all month long. Find the complete list at this link.
- Make plans to see a cheap movie at Regal Summer Movie Express. And there are plenty of opportunities for Summer Movies this month. Check out our comprehensive list.