Oh January… what can I say? My house is a mess, my clothes are too tight and my bank account is empty. But I resolve to have some fun this month!
- Plan to spend a nice long day at the Discovery Center in Murfreesboro. If you don’t live close to Murfreesboro, consider making the drive. Your kids will be entertained there for hours and the admission price is low enough not to break the bank. If the weather is nice (and let’s face it, January in Tennessee is unpredictable at best) take advantage of both the indoor and outdoor areas.
- Warm up this chilly month with good food and good music at McNamara’s Irish Pub. Check their calendar for live music dates and artists.
- Get tickets now for Llama, Llama, Red Pajama presented by Nashville Children’s Theatre January 19 – February 26.
- Check out some of our Pinterest Boards for fun ideas. Indoor Fun and Winter Fun should get you started!
- Get the kids moving with a trip to Rivergate Skate Center. If your New Year’s Resolution is to get in shape, rent a pair of skates for yourself and burn some calories while your kids have fun!
- How about a day at Lane Motor Museum? Whether you have a house full of car enthusiasts or not, this unique museum will entertain your whole family.
- Want to roller skate? Play laser tag? Bowl? Drive bumper cars? Do all that and more at Hendersonville Family Fun Center and Circus World. Check their website for coupons and deals before you go.
- Hockey season is in full swing! Plan a trip to Bridgestone Arena to support our Nashville Predators. Be prepared…they call it Smashville for a reason 🙂
- Tour a historic home. Try the Oaklands Historic House Museum. Most of the tour is inside so the weather shouldn’t hamper your enjoyment of this beautiful property too much.
- Visit the Earth Experience Museum in Murfreesboro and see a complete T Rex on display.
1 thought on “January Family Fun”
I love your ideas