I miss the movies. There are lots of things I miss, but sitting in a theater, totally immersed in an adventure on the big screen, is toward the top of my list.
If you have been a Nashville Fun for Families reader for a while, you know we used to give out passes to movie screenings on a regular basis. Today, we get to start doing it again, but this time it is a little different. Instead of seeing the movie at a theater, you get a special link to be able to stream it at home.
Opening on PVOD on December 18, 2020
Cast: Gerard Butler, Morena Baccarin, Roger Dale Floyd, Theodore Scott Glenn, David Denman, Hope Davis, Andrew Bachelor, Joshua Mikel
Synopsis: A family fights for survival as a planet-killing comet races to Earth. John Garrity (Gerard Butler), his estranged wife Allison (Morena Baccarin), and young son Nathan make a perilous journey to their only hope for sanctuary.
Amid terrifying news accounts of cities around the world being leveled by the comet’s fragments, the Garrity’s experience the best and worst in humanity while they battle the increasing panic and lawlessness surrounding them.
As the countdown to global apocalypse approaches zero, their incredible trek culminates in a desperate and last-minute flight to a possible safe haven.
How to See It at Home
Attend a complimentary, advance virtual screening of GREENLAND! The virtual screening will take place on Wednesday, December 16 at 6 PM CST (7 PM EST).
The first 30 people who follow the directions below can register for the screening. Please only register if you know you plan to watch the movie.
To RSVP to receive your personal link to view the film, please follow the steps below:
RSVP Link: http://stxtickets.com/OYgaU46322
Complete the RSVP process *You may need to register with STXTickets.com if you have not previously used the free ticketing site. The contact information you provide to STXTickets.com is where your screening link will be emailed on the day of.
- You will receive emailed confirmation from STXTickets.com that you have completed the RSVP process to register for the screening.
- On the day of the screening, a link to view the film will be sent to you by email approximately one hour before the start (5 PM CST, December 16th). The screening is overbooked to ensure capacity so be sure to click your link to join the screening.
- You can click the link as soon as you get it to ‘check in’ and hold your spot, but do not have to stay online waiting for the film to begin.
- The screening will begin at 6 PM CST (7PM EST). You will not be able to start before then or much after.
- Your link is unique to you – if you share the link or attempt to watch on multiple devices, you will be removed from the screening. For security reasons, if you leave the screening, you will not be able to rejoin. This includes accidentally closing the screening window, losing power, attempting to switch computers, or any other reason.
Welcome back to the movies!