Family Friendly Events in Middle Tennessee
- This event has passed.
June 10, 2022 @ 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
One event on July 15, 2022 at 7:00 PM
One event on August 12, 2022 at 7:00 PM
One event on September 9, 2022 at 7:00 PM
June 10, July 15, August 12, and September 9, 2022
7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Gate opens 1 hour before program start. Program begins promptly at noted time. No late entries. No exceptions.
Pack dinner and arrive early to picnic on the grounds. We are a pack-in/pack-out facility.
Join us as we explore Owl’s Hill at sunset and enjoy the sights and sounds of day turning to night. We’ll listen for owls, coyotes, and night-singing insects. As the stars come out, we’ll look for constellations, planets, and even meteors.
Meet our non-releasable owl ambassadors and learn about the adaptations that help nocturnal animals survive. Find out what we can expect to see in the sky that night. After that, we’ll head out on the trail to look and listen for the wonders of the night. No flashlights, please!
Owl Prowl programs include an easy one-mile hike with some gentle uphill and downhill hiking. Our trails are natural surface, and hikers can expect a few spots with uneven terrain. Wear shoes suitable for hiking. Insect repellent is strongly recommended.
Note: To protect the wildlife, we do not permit pets on the Sanctuary grounds.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- REFUND POLICY: There are no refunds for programs you cannot attend, however you may transfer your ticket to a friend, colleague or family member by calling us prior to the program date.
- CANCELLATION: Programs are rain or shine. We will, however, cancel a program if Williamson County is under a severe weather warning issued by the National Weather Service. Participants will be notified of cancellations by email. If a program is cancelled, you will receive a credit toward a future program.
FOR EVERYONE’s SAFETY:
- Please DO NOT attend if you or someone in your household is experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms, was recently recently diagnosed with COVID-19, or was exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Current public health guidelines regarding COVID-19 and mask recommendations are based on the CDC’s community case levels and community ratings — “Low, Medium, or High.” Visit the CDC webpage to review current community levels by county and what they recommend to protect you and your family based on the current rating.
- Please practice social distancing while on-site, regardless of vaccination status. Maintain the nose-to-tail length of two coyotes of separation (6+ feet) between you and others who are not members of your household.
- We reserve the right to do temperature checks and health screenings at check-in.
- Restrooms. Our outdoor portable toilets each have hand sanitizers inside.
- Please bring extra water. We do not have a communal water fountain.
- Insect repellant is recommended.