Family Friendly Events in Middle Tennessee
- This event has passed.
Family Visits to Glen Leven Farm
September 11, 2020 @ 3:00 PM - 6:30 PM
One event on September 12, 2020 at 8:00 AM
One event on September 25, 2020 at 3:00 PM
One event on September 26, 2020 at 8:00 AM
One event on October 8, 2020 at 3:00 PM
One event on October 9, 2020 at 3:00 PM
One event on October 10, 2020 at 8:00 AM
One event on October 22, 2020 at 2:30 PM
One event on October 23, 2020 at 2:30 PM
One event on October 24, 2020 at 8:30 AM
One event on November 5, 2020 at 1:00 PM
One event on November 6, 2020 at 1:00 PM
One event on November 7, 2020 at 8:30 AM
Bring your family for a fun, outdoor learning experience to The Land Trust for Tennessee’s Glen Leven Farm, an historic 64-acre oasis located four miles from downtown Nashville. This is a great family-friendly opportunity to connect with nature and be immersed in an historic, one-of-a kind landscape, which is not regularly open to the public.
- September 11, 12, 25, & 26
- October 8, 9, 10, 22, 23, & 24
- November 5, 6, & 7
Pumpkins will be available for purchase during visits from September 25 – October 24 (credit card only).
Hike the 1.4-mile Nature Trail, visit the Education Garden, and explore the arboretum surrounding the 1857 historic home.
Guests can take part in a number of activities throughout their visit, including:
- Ecosystems – Follow interactive signage along the 1.4-mile Nature Trail that will guide you through five ecosystems. Learn about the forest, meadow, wetland, edge, and riparian ecosystems, including a stop at Brown’s Creek!
- Nature Journaling – Record your observations through drawing and writing as you explore the farm.
- Education Garden – Learn about how to identify plants that we eat, the plant life cycle, and nature’s way of recycling.
All activities are based on Tennessee Academic Standards. Detailed information is available upon request.
- All guests must reserve a timed-entry ticket online prior to visiting. No tickets will be sold on-site.
- Family Tickets are $40 and accommodate up to 8 guests. If cost is a barrier, scholarship assistance is available thanks to support from The Barbara J. Mapp Foundation. Please contact Ellen Messerly for more information.
- The Nature Trail is recommended for ages 6+, closed-toe shoes are required.
- Dress for the weather and the farm – don’t forget your water bottle, as well as sunscreen, bug spray and hand sanitizer. No food or beverage will be available on-site, and there is limited access to restrooms, so please plan accordingly.
- All guests are required to sign a waiver upon arrival.
- Reservations are subject to cancellation due to severe weather conditions. If there is a threat of inclement weather, you will be contacted to reschedule your visit.
SAFETY & VISITOR GUIDELINES
The Land Trust for Tennessee values the safety of our staff and guests. All Land Trust staff are practicing enhanced preventive measures in accordance with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines including wearing face masks, frequent and proper hand washing, and social distancing.
We request that all visitors follow the below protocols to protect your health and safety.
- Reschedule your visit if you don’t feel well or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, as described by the CDC, or if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Practice social distancing and keep at least 6 feet away from others outside of your group.
- All visitors over 5 are asked to wear masks upon arrival and departure, anytime they are interacting with The Land Trust staff, and anytime they are moving about the property with anyone outside of their household. Visitors must provide their own masks.
Have a question? Please call (615) 244-5263 or email Ellen Messerly.
Please note that only trained service animals are permitted at Glen Leven Farm.