Family Friendly Events in Middle Tennessee
- This event has passed.
A Day Out with Mom at Historic Travellers Rest
May 7, 2022 @ 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM$12 – $15
Bring mom for an outdoor celebration of her! Music and tea on the grounds along with fun activities led by artisans.
About this event
Historic Travellers Rest, with support from The Tennessee Arts Commission, presents A Day Out with Mom on May 7, 2022 from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
This program will feature a house tour, artisan demonstrations, and other activities to enjoy with your family at Historic Travellers Rest. A fun and educational day out with mom (or any motherly figure) awaits you. Activities and artisans will include:
• Roy Overcast providing pottery demonstrations.
• Melissa Goodwin providing weaving demonstrations.
• Nora Glickstein proving lacemaking demonstrations.
• Bill Maddox providing woodworking demonstrations.
• Take a guided house tour.
• Make a woodblock print Mother’s Day Card.
• Enjoy a tour of the herb garden.
• Enjoy music on the grounds.
• Enjoy a cup of tea on the porch of the historic home.
We hope you will join us in celebrating Mother’s Day at this great on-site program! Tickets can be purchased in advance. Once you arrive, you will receive a timed ticket for a tour of the house. The house tour will be approximately one hour, and each tour will be limited to 15 people. Before or after your house tour you will be able to enjoy the other activities, which will be spread across our grounds, at your own pace. Last admission will be at 2 p.m. but guests are welcome to enjoy activities on the grounds until 3:30 p.m.
We encourage you to bring your own picnic lunch to enjoy on the grounds.
Adult admission (13+) is $15, students (5 – 12) $10, Educators- $12, and children under 5 are free.