Usher in the holiday season with an enchanting tour of historic homes and landmarks. The annual Oaklands Christmas Candlelight Tour of Homes is slated for December 7, 2019, from 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. The tour, sponsored by Franklin Synergy Bank, will feature beautiful and historic private homes, distinctive churches, and as always, the graceful Oaklands Mansion.
In addition to the tour, Oaklands Mansion will host a Holiday Marketplace in Maney Hall. A selection of local artisans and craftspeople will feature their wares for holiday shoppers. It’s the perfect opportunity to make gift purchases for friends and family. Admission to the marketplace is included with tickets to the Christmas Candlelight Tour of Homes. In addition to the marketplace, see a live nativity displayed by Southeast Baptist Church’s Bethlehem Marketplace. Be sure to stop by one of the food trucks for hot beverages and warm treats.
“The Candlelight Tour of Homes is a Middle Tennessee tradition thirty-six years in the making,” said James Manning, Executive Director. “Tour goers love that they can begin at any location and, if they have not already purchased a ticket in advance at oaklandsmansion.org, they can buy one at any home on the tour. You can find the tour route and parking suggestions on our website.”
Stops along the holiday tour include these historic buildings:
- Oaklands Mansion & Cottage, 900 North Maney Avenue
- Holiday Marketplace at Oaklands Visitors Center, 901 North Maney Avenue
- Lindsey & Bill Castello, 512 East College Street
- John C. Murphy, 518 East College Street
- Lynn Clayton, 525 East College Street
- Lacey & Kirk Garrett, 205 North University Street
- Lavye Hayes- Gladstone #4, 549 East Main Street
- Nena & Dr. Eric Egli, 602 East Main Street
- Kenneth Stone, 550 East Main Street
- Cedar Grove Primitive Baptist Church, 528 East Main Street