Apple Pie, Apple Sauce, Apple Butter, Apple Cider….. The list goes on and on. Now, you just need to go out and pick some apples for all these fall treats. There are several orchards in Middle Tennessee you can visit with your family.
All the farms included on this list offer the ability to pick your own apples. Still want apples, but don’t feel like picking? Visit a local Farmers’ Market! We also have a list of places to pick your own produce including peaches, blueberries, blackberries for fruit to go with the apples you pick.
Orchards for Apple Picking in Middle Tennessee
Fruity Patch Farm – 2021 Permanently Closed
2087 Kinneys Road, Adams, TN 37010 (Map)
- Apple season has started for 2021!
- You can come out and enjoy all the other fun the orchard has to offer. Click here for more details.
- The farm has added a BIG field of sunflowers for picking too!
- Call or see the Orchard’s Facebook page for picking forecasts and opening details.
- Click HERE for the website
7690 Nolensville Road, Nolensville, TN 37135 (Map) 615-395-4088
- This orchard is no longer open for public picking
- Family Tasting tours are available on Saturdays at 10:30 AM and 3 PM. No reservations needed. The tour is about an hour and everyone gets to taste all kinds fruits, vegetables, jams, cider, plus everyone gets a slushy. It’s $10/person or 4 people for $35. Under 2 yrs is free.
- Come visit the country store that sells seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables, jams, jellies, honey, molasses and ciders
- Home school and other group tours are available – call (615)-395-4088 to schedule.
- Details for all the tours are available on the Orchard’s website.
631 Beckwith Road, Mt Juilet, TN 37122
- The orchard’s trees are young, so it will be a few years until they are able to offer pick your own apples.
- The Orchard is open for visits and has a farm store with apples, local beef, and lots of goodies!
- Weekly story times are available – check the orchard’s Facebook page for the latest details.
4944 Trousdale Ferry Pike, Lebanon, Tennessee 37087 (Map)
** 2021 Peach Season is over and they don’t expect an apple crop this year. Check their Facebook page for updates.
- Peaches – July – August, pick your own and picked. Red Haven, White Nectar, Winblo, Glow Haven, Contender, Ruston Red, Elbertas, China Pearl.
- Apples – Gala, Mutsu, Yellow Delicious, Winesap, Fuji are normally available, but the trees did not produce for the 2019 season.
- Check the Orchard’s Facebook page for hours and availability.
- Read about our visit to Pratt’s Orchard here.
Bowling Green, KY
1280 Slim Island Rd, Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101(Map)
- Pick Your own apples is available if the weather cooperates during Apple Fest (Labor Day weekend) and Pumpkin Fest weekends
- The Orchard is open to visit and play on the playground ($2/child) though the fall. Open Days and hours can be found HERE and a list of the type of apples and peaches available for purchase can be found HERE.