Apple Pie, Apple Sauce, Apple Butter, Apple Cider….. The list goes on and on. Now, you just need to go out and pick some apples for all these fall treats. There are several orchards in Middle Tennessee you can visit with your family.
When you get home, take some inspiration from a few local food bloggers. Try out this Apple Walnut Cake or try this recipe for an Apple Pie with a Mexican Kick. And make sure to bring home at least 6 pounds of different apples to make the easy slow cooker apple butter from our friend Susan Williams! All the farms included on this list offer the ability to pick your own apples. Still want apples, but don’t feel like picking? Visit a local Farmers’ Market!
Also, be sure to check out our list of places to pick your own produce including strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and more updated for the 2019 growing season.
Orchards for Apple Picking in Middle Tennessee
Fruity Patch Farm
2794 Brown Hollow Road, Columbia, TN 38401 (Map)
- Apples available now through September.
- Baskets and apple pickers (long sticks for picking high up) available for use
- Open daily sunrise to sunset
- Apples – $12/bushel
- Blueberries available for the next few weeks – $7/gallon
2087 Kinneys Road, Adams, TN 37010 (Map)
- Peaches and apples available
- Apple season will start Saturday, September 1, 2018 at 10 AM.
- Call or see the Orchard’s Facebook page for picking forecasts and opening details.
- Click HERE for the website
7690 Nolensville Road, Nolensville, TN 37135
- This orchard is no longer open for public picking
- Come visit the country store that sells seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables, jams, jellies, honey, molasses and ciders
- Home school and other group tours are available – call (615)-395-4088 to schedule. More details are available on the Orchard’s website.
4944 Trousdale Ferry Pike, Lebanon, Tennessee 37087 (Map)
- Peaches – July – August, pick your own and picked. Red Haven, White Nectar, Winblo, Glow Haven, Contender, Ruston Red, Elbertas, China Pearl.
- Apples – August – September – pick your own and picked. Gala, Mutsu, Yellow Delicious, Winesap, Fuji.
- Check the Orchard’s Facebook page for hours and availability.
Bowling Green, KY
1280 Slim Island Rd, Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101(Map)