Apple Pie, Apple Sauce, Apple Butter, Apple Cider….. The list goes on and on. Now, you just need to go out and pick some apples for all these fall treats. There are several orchards in Middle Tennessee you can visit with your family.
If you are looking for something Keto friendly, check out this Low Carb Apple Upside Down Cake from Angela Roberts, owner of SpinachTiger.com.
All the farms included on this list offer the ability to pick your own apples. Still want apples, but don’t feel like picking? Visit a local Farmers’ Market! We also have a list of places to pick your own produce including peaches, blueberries, blackberries for fruit to go with the apples you pick.
Orchards for Apple Picking in Middle Tennessee
Fruity Patch Farm
2794 Brown Hollow Road, Columbia, TN 38401 (Map)
- Apples available now through September.
- Pears (both Asian pears and Bartlett) will be available first of September through October.
- Baskets and apple pickers (long sticks for picking high up) available for use
- Open daily sunrise to sunset – just drive up to the red barn
- Apples – $12/bushel
- Pears – $14/bushel
- Blueberries available for the next few weeks – $7/gallon
2087 Kinneys Road, Adams, TN 37010 (Map)
- Apple season has started for 2019.
- Blueberries are also still available (as of August 12, 2019)
- The farm has added a BIG field of sunflowers for picking too!
- Call or see the Orchard’s Facebook page for picking forecasts and opening details.
- Click HERE for the website
7690 Nolensville Road, Nolensville, TN 37135 (Map) 615-395-4088
- This orchard is no longer open for public picking
- Family Tasting tours are available on Saturdays at 10:30 AM and 3 PM. No reservations needed. The tour is about an hour and everyone gets to taste all kinds fruits, vegetables, jams, cider, plus everyone gets a slushy. It’s $10/person or 4 people for $35. Under 2 yrs is free.
- Come visit the country store that sells seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables, jams, jellies, honey, molasses and ciders
- Home school and other group tours are available – call (615)-395-4088 to schedule.
- Details for all the tours are available on the Orchard’s website.
4944 Trousdale Ferry Pike, Lebanon, Tennessee 37087 (Map)
** 2019 Peach Season is over and unfortunately, the apple crop did not produce so Pratt’s Orchard will NOT be open for apples in 2019.
- Peaches – July – August, pick your own and picked. Red Haven, White Nectar, Winblo, Glow Haven, Contender, Ruston Red, Elbertas, China Pearl.
- Apples – Gala, Mutsu, Yellow Delicious, Winesap, Fuji are normally available, but the trees did not produce for the 2019 season.
- Check the Orchard’s Facebook page for hours and availability.
Bowling Green, KY
1280 Slim Island Rd, Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101(Map)
- Pick Your own apples is available if the weather cooperates during Apple Fest (Labor Day weekend) and Pumpkin Fest weekends
- The Orchard is open to visit and play on the playground ($2/child) though the fall. Open Days and hours can be found HERE and a list of the type of apples and peaches available for purchase can be found HERE.