Apple Pie, Apple Sauce, Apple Butter, Apple Cider….. The list goes on and on. Now, you just need to go out and pick some apples for all these fall treats. There are several orchards in Middle Tennessee you can visit with your family.
When you get home, take some inspiration from a few local food bloggers. Try out this Apple Walnut Cake or try this recipe for an Apple Pie with a Mexican Kick.
If you are looking for something Keto friendly, check out this Low Carb Apple Upside Down Cake from Angela Roberts, owner of SpinachTiger.com.
And make sure to bring home at least 6 pounds of different apples to make the easy slow cooker apple butter from our friend Susan Williams!
All the farms included on this list offer the ability to pick your own apples. Still want apples, but don’t feel like picking? Visit a local Farmers’ Market! We also have a list of places to pick your own produce including peaches, blueberries, blackberries for fruit to go with the apples you pick.
Orchards for Apple Picking in Middle Tennessee
Fruity Patch Farm – 2021 Permanently Closed
Shade Tree Farm and Orchard
2087 Kinneys Road, Adams, TN 37010 (Map)
- Apple season has started for 2022!
- You can come out and enjoy all the other fun the orchard has to offer. Click here for more details.
- The farm has added a BIG field of sunflowers for picking too!
- Call or see the Orchard’s Facebook page for picking forecasts and opening details. You must make reservations – details on the Facebook page.
- Click HERE for the website
Morning Glory Orchard
7690 Nolensville Road, Nolensville, TN 37135 (Map) 615-395-4088
- This orchard is no longer open for public picking
- Come visit the country store that sells seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables, jams, jellies, honey, molasses and ciders
- Details for tours are available on the Orchard’s website or call (615)-395-4088.
631 Beckwith Road, Mt Juilet, TN 37122
- The orchard’s trees are young, so it will be a few years until they are able to offer pick your own apples.
- The Orchard is open for visits and has a farm store with apples, local beef, and lots of goodies!
- Weekly story times are available – check the orchard’s Facebook page for the latest details.
4944 Trousdale Ferry Pike, Lebanon, Tennessee 37087 (Map)
** 2022 Season is over. Check their Facebook page for updates.
- Peaches – July – August, pick your own and picked. Red Haven, White Nectar, Winblo, Glow Haven, Contender, Ruston Red, Elbertas, China Pearl.
- Apples – Gala, Mutsu, Yellow Delicious, Winesap, Fuji are normally available, but the trees did not produce for the 2019 season.
- Check the Orchard’s Facebook page for hours and availability.
- Read about our visit to Pratt’s Orchard here.
Bowling Green, KY
1280 Slim Island Rd, Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101(Map)
- Pick Your own apples is available if the weather cooperates during Apple Fest (Labor Day weekend) and Pumpkin Fest weekends
- The Orchard is open to visit and play on the playground ($2/child) though the fall. Open Days and hours can be found HERE and a list of the type of apples and peaches available for purchase can be found HERE.
8 thoughts on “Apple Picking in Middle Tennessee”
I own Morning Glory Orchard (not Orchards) in Nolensville. We DO NOT offer tours on Saturdays. That information is about 3 years old. Would you mind updating your list here? Sadly, we had a family come out today and were very disappointed that we weren’t offering the tours anymore. I’m happy to help with any info you need about our fall festival, the 13 varieties of apples we grow, our hard cider, local honey, apple cider and more.
Hi Alyson, thank you for the updated information. I have updated the details in the listing and have pointed everyone to your website.
Hi Lori My family with 4 kids are going to be in Nashville from Oct 16 through oct 19 Do you know where we can take kids apple picking or any apple orchards, or any other fun fall events or places to visit. We have never been to Nashville area. thanks for any ideas
Check out our fall guide with lists of pumpkin farms, fall festivals and more. The apple orchards on this list are the only ones open this year. Most apples are picked in September around here.
Hi there how much is your Apple cider do y send it or not ok
Hi David, you should call the orchard you are talking about directly to ask. 🙂
Hello! Thanks so much for this list. We went to Fruity Patch Farm today and picked the last of the apples. Mr. C.J. Percle is so nice and helpful! His correct address is 2794 Brown Hollow Road, Columbia, TN 38401. The sign says Percle Farm. The phone number you have listed is correct.
Thank you for the correction and details. I’ll get the list updated.