Apple Pie, Apple Sauce, Apple Butter, Apple Cider….. The list goes on and on. Now, you just need to go out and pick some apples for all these fall treats. There are several orchards in Middle Tennessee you can visit with your family.
When you get home, take some inspiration from a few local food bloggers. Try out this Apple Walnut Cake or try this recipe for an Apple Pie with a Mexican Kick. And make sure to bring home at least 6 pounds of different apples to make the easy slow cooker apple butter from our friend Susan Williams! All the farms included on this list offer the ability to pick your own apples. Still want apples, but don’t feel like picking? Visit a local Farmers’ Market!
Orchards for Apple Picking in Middle Tennessee
Fruity Patch Farm (Map) Columbia, TN
- Apples and Pears available now through September. Call to verify 931-624-9795
- Baskets and apple pickers (long sticks for picking high up) available for use
- Open daily sunrise to sunset
- Apples – $12/bushel and Pears are $14/bushel
- Blueberries available for the next few weeks – $7/gallon
The Orchard will be open on August 21, 2017 for an eclipse viewing party! Bring a chair, the store will be open and honest dogs will be on the grill.
- Peaches and apples available
- Apple season will start Labor Day weekend, 2017.
- Call or see the Orchard’s Facebook page for picking forecasts and opening details.
- The orchard did NOT have apples for picking in 2016. I am currently trying to confirm if the orchard will be open for 2017.
- This orchard is no longer open for public picking
- Come visit the country store that sells seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables, jams, jellies, honey, molasses and ciders
- Home school and other group tours are available – call (615)-395-4088 to schedule
- Peaches – July – August, pick your own and picked. Red Haven, White Nectar, Winblo, Glow Haven, Contender, Ruston Red, Elbertas, China Pearl.
- Apples – August – September – pick your own and picked. Gala, Mutsu, Yellow Delicious, Winesap, Fuji.
- Check the Orchard’s Facebook page for hours and availability.
Bowling Green, KY
- Pick Your own apples during Apple Fest (Labor Day weekend) and Pumpkin Fest weekends
- The Orchard is open to visit and play on the playground ($2/child) though the fall. Open Days and hours can be found HERE and a list of the type of apples and peaches available for purchase can be found HERE.